Why we choose Park Hyatt Beaver Creek
The idyllic Colorado Rockies outside and the grand rooms inside make this resort the place to be
- Ski-in/ski-out property for ultimate convenience
- Wine is old school; check out their s’mores happy hour
- It’s food as entertainment at the 8100 chef’s table
You may not equate “lodge” and “upscale,” but the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek has managed to link the terms nicely. Summer or winter, there’s plenty to do here, but if you don’t want to battle other guests for massage times, consider a visit for summer hiking rather than winter skiing.
Aqua Sanitas at Allegria Spa is a must - experience a true journey of indulgence as you pass through various treatment stages designed to support wellness.
What you need to know about the hotel
A magnificent chateau-style lodge that’s packed with luxury-added amenities
- What list hasn’t the spa been named to? It’s on the 25 Best in Colorado, Top 100 in America and more
- The resort offers hypo-allergenic rooms for allergy suffers and anyone who likes knowing everything is extra-clean
- The four fitness studios offer group classes, as well as private sessions in yoga and Pilates for one-on-one results
Mountain luxury is the name of the game at the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, where, despite its lodge atmosphere, you won’t be roughing it. A few of the highlights: soft leather furniture, grand staircases and floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the world-class slopes of Beaver Creek Mountain.
The resort has (successfully) tried to be all things to all people. For example, there are programs for people from grade school through retirement, distinct accommodations for families and groups and activities for snow bunnies and sun worshippers alike. In keeping with the integrated approach, they’ve made happy hour a little more family-friendly by offering s’mores (with homemade marshmallows) every afternoon. For a little adult-only fun, we highly recommend the superb spa.
Where is it and what's nearby
Location is everything when it comes to fantastic skiing, and it doesn’t get better than the base of Beaver Creek Mountain
- In the winter, a moon-lit snowshoe at Strawberry Park a must
- Step off the slopes and hit the shopping scene in Vail, where you can browse everything from fine art to haute couture
- Make the most of summer visits by trekking the many beautiful hiking trails—with options for every fitness level
With an enviable spot at the base of Beaver Creek Mountain, Park Hyatt Beaver Creek literally puts phenomenal skiing at your doorstep. Close to Vail, the Colorado town was designed specifically as a resort area because apparently ultra-chic Vail just wasn’t enough.
Beaver Creek has an alpine village feel, and the resort fits right in with a Swiss chalet design that’s posh yet also somehow homey. We love that although it’s right in the middle of town, Park Hyatt Beaver Creek still offers ski in/ski out convenience.
How to enjoy Vail
Whether a distant purple shadow as sunset sets the sky alight, or a steep slope that you hope won’t hurt too much as you hurtle to meet it up close, Vail’s Mountain will make its mark on you
- In summer, the rivers of the Vail Valley are the perfect location for a spot of fly fishing or white water rafting
- For an unforgettable night out, take the gondola and a snowcat for an exquisite mountain top dinner at Game Creek Restaurant
- Breathtaking views are on the menu summer and winter. In summer take a back country jeep tour. Enjoy 360 degree views from the top of Eagle-Bahn Gondola all year round
Vail is vast. You could ski all season and never hit the same run twice. Yet despite its size, downtown has a quaint charm. This could be due in part to its European chalet-style architecture which gives it a distinctly Alpine character. To explore further afield, Beaver Creek is just half an hour away down the I90. This beautiful luxury resort has lots of ski in/ski out hotels and restaurants plus wonderful ski concierge services.
Beaver Creek has a relaxed feel and makes the most of its women instructors with complimentary Women’s Tours of the mountain and a Ski Girls Rock, girls-only ski school. What Vail does well is capture all that is good about having fun in the mountains. It reminds us that snow is just magical. Whether it’s the picturesque frosting on evergreens, the crunch it makes signaling your every step, or the feeling of freedom as you glide effortlessly across a newly groomed piste.
When to visit Vail
Visit in early December to join in the party at Vail’s legendary Snow Daze. The week is packed with live entertainment and culminates in a celebration of the anniversary of Vail’s first opening in 1962.
A word from the hotel
In the winter season, I help the ski valet buckle up ski boots each morning; it’s a great way to meet our guests and get them off to the slopes on the right foot!
Robert Purdy, General Manager
In our opinion
A family-friendly year-round retreat.
A word from the hotel
A perfect summer day at the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa: Enjoying a beautiful breakfast on the deck at 8100, a hike up to Beaver Lake with a packed lunch from our Café, a late afternoon massage at Allegria Spa and then finishing with s’mores at the fire-pit and a soak in the amazing outdoor hot tubs while sipping on a glass of Veuve Cliquot.
Kendra Powell, Guest Services/Concierge
When you book with us
Because of our special relationship with Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, we include these exclusive benefits when you book through Select Hotels & Resorts:
- Complimentary Buffet or Full breakfast for two daily
- Complimentary early check-in and late check-out upon availability
- Complimentary upgrade upon availability at time of check-in
- 100 USD Food & Beverage credit once during stay
- Wi-Fi is included in Resort fee
We're with you all the way, turning the special into the unforgettable.
Powered by Travel Leaders Group.
CONTACT YOUR TRAVEL PROFESSIONAL
OR LEARN MORE
A peek at some of our favorite rooms and suites
VIEW ROOM GALLERY
A note from Robert
While the girls do ski school, Rebecca does at least two spa mornings. Afternoons are family time. more >