Why we choose Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa
Hidden beyond towering coconut palms, this is a truly magical place
- Zen calm meets Mayan mystery in a soothing, authentic resort
- Award-winning beach to one side, jungle to the other
- ¿Habla español? Learn Spanish while you’re here with the immersion program
There’s something in the air at Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa that’s different from what you find at resorts that try to capitalize on—rather than honor—local cultures. At Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa, the ancient Maya spirit can be felt within the buildings (each of which was handcrafted by the same family of Maya masons) that are purposefully aligned with the stars to ensure proper energy flow. The interiors feature indigenous materials and oversized tubs decked out with Mexican tiles. It’s not “kitschy” Mexico. It’s real Mexico.
Choose an ocean view room with a balcony for the best Mayan Riviera experience.
What you need to know about the hotel
Reminiscent of a grand hacienda, Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa is located along one of the world’s top beaches
- Blending Zen and Mayan concepts, the spa is an indulgent treat
- Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa’s generous white sand beach is blessed by calm, clear turquoise water
- Oenophiles rejoice: the Belmond Maroma Wine Cellar offers an award-winning tasting experience
Whether planned or happy accident, Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa always seems to have a little magic in the air. The thatched-roof, white stucco buildings are set along winding stone pathways lit by flickering candles and torches every night. The 63 rooms-rustic outside, opulent inside-have great views of the ocean and gardens, are decorated with original art by former resident artist Bertrand Castelli and include private terraces with sofas or hammocks. Trust us, it’s all good here.
The resort is also big on offering lots of ways to unwind-or keep busy, if that’s your preference. There’s the Kinan Spa and its wellness center, two restaurants, one bar, three outdoor pool (one exclusive for adults), two tennis courts, cooking classes, tequila tastings and more.
Where is it and what's nearby
Luxury nestled between perfect white sand beaches and a 200-acre jungle
- Explore the Mayan coastline on Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa’s private, fully-staffed yacht
- Swim with dolphins—or be trainer for a day—with the resort’s dolphin program
- The area is peppered with Mayan ruins but Chichen Itza is among the new seven wonders of the world
In the heart of Riviera Maya in the Mexican state of Quintana Roo, Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa is bordered by the world’s second longest barrier reef. This translates into world-class diving and snorkeling, as well as safe swimming in the turquoise water and relaxing on the powdery white beach—named the “World’s Best Beach” by Travel Channel. Naturally, the beachfront location provides every water sport you can imagine—from diving to sailing to deep sea fishing.
There’s plenty to keep you busy off the property, too, including visits to ancient Mayan ruins, golf outings at celebrity-designed courses and eco-tours filled with plants, animals and plenty of adventure.
How to enjoy Riviera Maya
Flanked by the glittering turquoise of the Caribbean Sea and the rich emeralds of the fertile jungle, this glorious ribbon of luxurious white sand beach resorts can rival any rivieria
- Join a dive school or grab your snorkel for some of the best and brightest underwater displays in the world
- Take your irons to El Camaleón golf club. The Greg Norman designed course was the first to host an official PGA Tour event in Mexico
- Charter a helicopter to take you from the beach to the ancient Mayan pyramid of Chichén Itzá where you can enjoy a private guided tour
Stretching from Puerto Morelos in the north and Felipe Carrillo Puerto in the south, the Riviera Maya snakes along the east coast of the Yucatan peninsula, boasting miles of white sand beaches, punctuated by the odd Mayan ruin. Sumptuous luxury hotels gaze out over the sparkling Caribbean sea and provide wonderful opportunities for indulgence and relaxation.
The coastline here is a treasure trove for scuba enthusiasts who can dive the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef. Rich in a variety of marine life from bright corals to groupers, angel fish and sharks, the reef is the longest in the Northern Hemisphere. For a unique diving experience, head inland to explore the cenotes, underground water-filled caverns and rivers regarded as sacred by the ancient Mayans.
When to visit Riviera Maya
Visit in November to hear the swinging tunes of the annual Riviera Maya Jazz Festival.
What we say
This is authentic luxury—one of the Yucatan’s hidden gems.
Did you know
The “La Tía” makes tortillas by hand every morning.
Awards and accolades
The resort’s Kinan Spa is a regular feature in the world’s top spa awards, and was the outright winner of the Best Spa in Mexico and Central America Award from Condé Nast Traveler in 2012.
Awards and accolades
Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa has earned a place in the Condé Nast Traveler Platinum Circle, a distinction reserved for hotels which are featured in the Gold List for five consecutive years.
When you book with us
Because of our special relationship with Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa, we include these exclusive benefits when you book through Select Hotels & Resorts:
- Complimentary A la Carte breakfast for two daily
- Complimentary early check-in and late check-out upon availability
- Complimentary upgrade upon availability at time of check-in
- 30-minute body oil relaxing massage per person per stay, Maroma floral bed decoration on arrival
- Complimentary High-Speed/Enhanced Wi-Fi
We're with you all the way, turning the special into the unforgettable.
Powered by Travel Leaders Group.
CONTACT YOUR TRAVEL PROFESSIONAL
OR LEARN MORE
A peek at some of our favorite rooms and suites
VIEW ROOM GALLERY
A note from Marita
Maybe it’s because there is something utterly magical about the place, but I have never been anywhere more romantic. more >