Why we choose Belmond Hotel Cipriani
As intimate and personal as ever, set within perfect Venetian gardens just a stone’s throw from San Marco
- Unwind by the huge pool after a day discovering Venice
- Their boat shuttles to St Mark’s Square in just 4 thrilling minutes
- Relaxed poolside, romantic lagoonside, and gourmet dining options
An international favorite, The Cipriani is always in high demand. It has captured the magic of Venice and filled its rooms with romance, sophistication and unbridled luxury. Bonus: The lounges are some of the best places to see and be seen in the city.
The gardens are a spectacle in themselves and reward the exploring guest with a private vineyard and quiet corners where Casanova once did what he was famous for.
Film Festival time in August fills the hotel with the A-list. Let’s not drop any names, but if you should ask for a ’Nina’s Passion’ at the bar you’ll get a cocktail named by George Clooney after his mom.
The pool side Junior Suites are the best value for money with a nice balance of space and amenities, and the ones on the ground floor give direct access out to the pool.
What you need to know about the hotel
As they say here: “If Venice is a theatre, then the Belmond Hotel Cipriani is the Royal Box.”
- Located a short boat ride from San Marco, The Cipriani feels like a resort hotel with all the top facilities you’d expect
- All the rooms are uniquely individual with hand painted murals and lagoon or garden views
- The food is authentically Venetian and not just a hotel pastiche of Italian food for the international guest
An iconic hotel steeped in Venetian style, the Cipriani is known for décor rich in local artifacts, classic cuisine with an innovative twist and guestroom details like hand-made stuccos and Murano glass lamps and chandeliers. And if the gracious surroundings aren’t enough, take a dip in the huge pool and hit the spa for a massage.
The Palladio Suite for the ultimate in privacy with its private boat dock, plunge pool, 180 degree lagoon views, and elegant dining room with butler.
Where is it and what's nearby
At the tip of the Giudecca Island set amidst 3 acres of gardens and just a 4 minute boat ride from St Mark’s Square
- The Guidecca Island is much quieter than the main island of San Marco, but will reward with many fine churches and restaurants
- The hotel’s magnificent private launch shuttles you to St Mark’s Square in just 4 thrilling minutes, 24 hours a day
- Blessed with the luxury of space, The Cipriani offers a tennis court, 100ft pool, extensive gardens and even its own vineyard
Venice is an extraordinary city with a unique way of life. It doesn’t take long before you realize that every day is practically a theatrical experience that manages to engage every sense. The Belmond Hotel Cipriani maximizes this feeling with a location that includes the stunning Casanova Gardens which offer wonderful vistas of the lagoon.
How to enjoy Venice
For centuries a picture postcard destination, but Venice is much more than a box to tick on your ’been there, done that’ list. Take your time, plan your journey and La Serenissima will steal your heart
- Take a motoscafo from the airport and you’ll be in love with Venice before you reach your hotel door
- Stroll the narrow lanes of St Marks early mornings; discovering delights like the fish market makes you feel like a native
- Find a comfortable perch with a view of the Grand Canal and marvel at the living history that is Venice
The mists of autumn conjure up an otherworldly Venice as gondolas flit in and out of sight while footsteps echo in the narrow lanes. Carnival brings glorious color and excitement to February’s somber days. Summer is a riot of waterborne festivities from the Vogalonga race to the fireworks spectacle of Il Redentore.
They say that you’ll never meet a poor Venetian, and you can see why if you order a round of drinks from the tempting outdoor tables in the cafes of St Marks Square. The canals are the arteries of the city and the greatest pleasure is to find a quiet waterside perch from which to survey the daily life of this most captivating of cities.
When to visit Venice
From June through November, Palazzo Barbarigo’s 18th century grandeur is home to a series of classical concerts. Summer is regatta season, with pageantry-filled races ranging from huge boats to one-man challenges.
You need to know
That the Cipriani closes in the winter months keeping just the Palazzo Vendramin open with a handful of rooms & suites.
A word from the hotel
You cannot understand Venice if you do not know the Lagoon. Take the Cipriani private boat and with the help of a Venetian captain, discover something unique.
Giampaolo Ottazzi, General Manager
You need to know
The Cipriani’s magnificent 100ft pool is heated and uses filtered sea water. They have recently built a small kids’ pool in the gardens of their ’Smile Club’.
The cocktail hour
The delightful drink the Bellini (white peach puree, Prosecco & a dash of cherry juice), was invented by Giuseppe Cipriani, founder of Venice’s famous Harry’s Bar in the late 1930’s. Its color reminded him of a saint’s toga in a painting by Italian Renaissance artist Giovanni Bellini.
Stars of the silver screen
In Casino Royale, James Bond and his ladyfriend pull their yacht up to the hotel’s boat dock towards the end of the film
When you book with us
Because of our special relationship with Belmond Hotel Cipriani, we include these exclusive benefits when you book through Select Hotels & Resorts:
- Complimentary Full American Buffet breakfast for two daily
- Complimentary early check-in and late check-out upon availability
- Complimentary upgrade upon availability at time of check-in
- 50 EUR Food & Beverage credit and bottle of Prosecco and fruit in room
- Wi-Fi is included in Resort fee
We're with you all the way, turning the special into the unforgettable.
Powered by Travel Leaders Group.
CONTACT YOUR TRAVEL PROFESSIONAL
OR LEARN MORE
A peek at some of our favorite rooms and suites
VIEW ROOM GALLERY
A note from Heather
Nothing is quite as welcoming as Roberto Senigaglia’s beaming face and guiding hand as you arrive at the Cipriani’s boat dock more >
At ease with...
Giampaolo Ottazzi, General Manager of the Hotel Cipriani, chatted to us about his love of Venice more >